October 18, 2014
Nicholas West Activist Post In a recent article, "In The Internet of Things YOU Will Be The Key," I outlined the many ways that the human body will become the next-generation identification system. The move to give everyone a global unique ID that can be verified across all human activity has bee ...
October 13, 2014
Nicholas West Activist Post In a recent article, "In The Internet of Things YOU Will Be The Key," I outlined the many ways that the human body will become the next generation identification system. The move to give everyone a global unique ID that can be verified across nearly all human activity ...
September 16, 2014
image source - FBI.gov
Nicholas West Activist Post Despite the FBI already having been sued by privacy groups amid plans for a nationwide biometric database, it has officially gone live. The Next Generation Identification system will eventually include iris scans, facial recognit ...
September 9, 2014
- Are you ready to have your veins scanned every time you use your bank account? Are you ready to use a "digital tattoo" or a microchip implant to unlock your telephone? Once upon a time we read about such technologies in science fiction novels, but now they are here. The era of wide ...
May 2, 2014
Julie Beal Activist Post A gated community on the Internet is about to take shape. It begins with identity and deals with mis/trust; sorting the wheat from the chaff. It facilitates auditing of all e-transactions, to fight cybercrime and ensure compliance. Th ...
May 2, 2014
Dave Hodges Activist Post Much has been made about the Obama administration’s plan to willingly forfeit control of the organization (ICANN) that administers the Internet. It is fueling justifiable concerns that the United Nations will be controlling the Internet. Thanks to some creative, ho ...
April 18, 2014
In some areas of the world, payment systems that require palm scanning or face scanning are already being tested. We have entered an era where biometric security is being hailed as the “solution” to the antiquated security methods of the past. We are being promised that t ...
February 8, 2014
image source: Sayo Studios
Nicholas West Activist Post In a few short years, we already have become accustomed to drone surveillance and an array of biometric ID tracking technology that has formed a pervasive matrix of identification and personal data retention. As discussed in ...
December 3, 2013
- Uses metadata instead of facial recognition. Activist Post A new algorithm designed at the University of Toronto has the power to profoundly change the way we find photos among the billions on social media sites such as Facebook and Flickr. This month, the United States Patent and Trademark Office ...
November 19, 2013
- NBC Biometric Body Scan Before You Can Leave the Airport
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
November 11, 2013
war zone mobile scanner credit: Cross Match Technologies
Nicholas West Activist Post The San Diego Police Department is reporting their involvement in the largest facial recognition program to date. It is something straight out of theaters of war, but is set to hit the str ...
September 26, 2013
- Today The Today Show's Infomercial for Biometric IDs
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy Via Activist Post
September 23, 2013
Melissa Melton Activist Post The new iPhone 5's fingerprint ID security feature lasted all of what amounts to not even five minutes in the tech world — Chaos Computer Club is already reporting that they were able to hack the new phone:
The biometrics hacking team of the Chaos Computer Cl ...
September 20, 2013
Melissa Melton Activist Post As previously reported, the new iPhone 5S will come complete with a biometric fingerprint ID feature that will ‘secure’ the phone by requiring the owner to scan his or her fingerprint to unlock the device before using it. Biometrics, it seems, is the tren ...
September 16, 2013
- Julie Beal
I hope by now I’m starting to get through to people about online identity management, because here in the UK a whole lotta folk are about to be forced to sign their life over to an Identity Provider. The UK government has decided to host all of its public ...
September 15, 2013
Julie Beal Activist Post The drums of war are beating, diverting our attention, as always, to the stories scripted by the mainstream media. Meanwhile, plans for the New World Order are being perfected: large-scale biomass plants, to produce anything from fuel, to pa ...
September 12, 2013
Andrew Pontbriand Activist Post The wireless age has grown leaps and bounds since the turn of the new millennium. From big square cellphones, to flip phones, to the new touch screen phones that can access the Internet wherever service is available. However, communications just went 'Back to the ...
September 4, 2013
image credit: Nymi
Kevin Samson Activist Post The move to give everyone a unique ID that can be verified across nearly all human activity has been in the works for some time. Naturally, the fear of identity theft and cyber-banking crime of all stripes has been the sales pitch to ...
August 31, 2013
photo credit: Robert Scoble/Flickr
Madison Ruppert Activist Post Facebook is considering adding the majority of its over 1 billion members’ profile photos to a massive facial recognition database, according to Reuters. Though they’ve considered this move in the pa ...
August 30, 2013
- The plot thickens Julie Beal Activist Post Happiness Brigades could soon be part of every town and smart city – making us brimful of sunshine to fulfil the United Nations’ mandate for Gross Global Happiness. Tracked and monitored, the “not-yet-happy” could be brought up to ...
August 6, 2013
Should the government be trying to figure out if we are going to commit a crime in advance? That sounds like something out of a Tom Cruise movie, but the truth is that “pre-crime” technologies such as were portrayed in Minority Report are being aggressively developed, and some ...
August 4, 2013
- Activist Post The rumors are true. The new iPhone will have biometric features. The new operating system iOS7 for the iPhone 6 has been leaked for testing which revealed a fingerprint sensor and other biometric features. Located in a folder labeled "Biometric Kit", the fingerprint identification ...
June 21, 2013
Activist Post Sen. Rand Paul today announced the introduction of the Protect Our Privacy Act as amendment to the Senate's Immigration Reform Bill. This amendment would prohibit the issuance of a national identification card system. In the wake of the IRS scandal and NSA wiretapping revelations, ...
May 26, 2013
Lee Daiber Activist Post The entire world is waiting – watching for your signal, your cue. They wait for the call of your voice, the announcement of your arrival. This sleeping giant grows restless with unease. The silence breeds madness in the desperation of so many set in the very ways t ...
May 21, 2013
Activist Post "The secret in propaganda is that when you demonize, you dehumanize," says James Forsher, a film historian. "When you dehumanize, it allows you to kill your enemy and no longer feel guilty about it." Apparently illegal immigrants have been sufficiently ...
May 12, 2013
The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the first step to a ubiquitous national identification system.
Buried in th ...
May 12, 2013
By David Kravets
Illustration: National Institutes of Health | Wired News
The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the fi ...
May 1, 2013
- One world currency refers to the expectation that a future central banking system will be used for ALL monetary transactions around the world. This centralized world bank would produce, distribute, and support a single form of money – a super currency – that would be used by everyone, re ...
May 1, 2013
- People looking at the future of payment systems are noting that mobile payments and biometric information are becoming increasingly important in financial systems around the world. Many are concerned that in the not-too-distant future, we will live in a cashless society: physical national currencies ...